We suggest you wear comfortable shoes and a sun hat, bring a camera, a shopping bag and a bottle of water if you plan to adventure into the vibrant heart of Paphos Old Town.
This is a sensory adventure that will titillate all five senses, which will revel in the aromas of fresh herbs, fruits, spices and beeswax candles; the opportunity to savour the taste of award-winning wines and local delicacies and, in the background, the sounds of craftsmen and women creating everything from ceramics, pots and pans, to woven goods, and unique handcrafted jewellery.
The old town boasts a superb market for those looking for a touch of retail therapy. Stalls are packed with jewellery, clothes, shoes, pashminas, bags, lacework, and holiday souvenirs.
There is also a veritable cornucopia of fruit and vegetable stalls, all manned by local villagers who travel early to the market to sell their homegrown produce. You will find everything from local bananas, avocados and spicy rocket to our marvellous dried wild oregano which delighted visitors take home as a prime ingredient of their next barbeque
- The unique architecture of the Public Library, the town hall and the numerous neoclassical buildings.
- The great choice of museums like the Ethnographic and Archaeological Museums.
- The Municipality fruit market.
- Religious interest monuments like the St Kendeas church, the Turkish baths and Ayia Sofia mosque.
- Shop selling leather shoes, jewellery, souvenirs, spectacles and sunglasses and designer labels.
- Cypriot craftsmen creating local art.
- Coffee, lunch, dinner or a drink at one of the numerous cafes, bars and restaurants.
- The most magnificent sunsets over Pafos.
- Unique events taking place day or night.
- Pafos night life: mingling with the locals at the numerous cafes, lounge bars and clubs.